10 Things You'll Understand If You're A Woman11:00 AM
But above all, I'm a woman.
10 Things You'll Understand If You're A Woman
1. That awkward, somehow painful stage of physical transformation from a girl to a grown woman.Not to mention dealing with people taunting you for your "change".
2. VulnerabilityNo matter how brave your heart is as a woman, your physical strength is no match to that of men's. You seem to be an easy target for assault and crimes. A woman is like a walking sexual object that could get attacked anytime. Just going out the door makes you feel vulnerable.
3. Dealing with the annoying and scary catcalling.Sometimes catcalling can be easily ignored and seems harmless. But it can also get abusive, offensive and scary.
Catcalling is not really about how you look or how skimpy your dress is. It's simply because you're a woman.
You could be all wrapped up and still be called names or get hit on.
4. The pain of menstrual cramps, pain and discomfort of pregnancy, labor pain or actual birth-giving.The excruciating pain is simply incomparable and inexplicable.
And let's not forget that giving birth is life-threatening. There's a 50/50 chance that a mother will not survive.
5. The difficult, crazy, irritating, and depressing hormonal change.PMS (Premenstrual Syndrome) is a bitch.
And from what I've heard, so is menopausal.
Heard how serious postpartum depression could get?
Even women don't fully comprehend it. They just feel the swing of emotions.
There's also this weird craving for something so badly, often during the middle of the night but not knowing what that something is. You just know your hormones are telling you you need to get it or else...
6. The uncanny intuition of a woman.It's been planted in every woman's DNA to sense danger fast for her to protect her child. It comes in handy for other instances too. *wink*
7. Stereotyping and labels.If a man dates around, he's cool, he's suave. He's being a man.
If a woman dates random guys, she's a slut.
If a man stays single, he becomes an eligible bachelor and everybody's after him. Everyone's interested to know if he'll stay single or settle down. Everybody's excited to know who he'll choose in the end.
If a woman is still single in her 30's, she's doomed to become a lonely, desperate spinster for the rest of her life. People pity her or mock her.
Where a man is called driven and assertive, a woman is too ambitious and bossy. Tweet
Where a man is applauded for speaking his mind, a woman is called a bitch and a know-it-all.
8. Gender discrimination.Even in our progressive society, some women are still being paid less than their male counterparts.
9. The joy, beauty and wonder of carrying and bringing out into the world a miracle that is a child.From conception to child birth, a woman's body does not stop creating another human in her womb. The baby grows inside every single day!
According to studies, residual fetal cells stay in the mother's body after giving birth. So her children will always be a part of her. Literally.
10. The unique qualities only a real woman is privileged to possess.Like these 20 Things Women Do More And Better Than Men.
All these beautiful and not so pleasing things a woman goes through and possess are exactly what makes her what she is.
Being a woman is more than what meets the eye. It's more than physical.
To become a woman, you need something more than a make over or a transplant.
It's never enough to wear make up and dress up.
You'll never know or understand what being a woman really is, unless you were born as one.
Gifs from Google images
Hey, did you find this post helpful or entertaining? Please go ahead and share.
Share buttons on the left and at the bottom of the article. Big thanks!