Lux Thinking Aloud
Liebster Award Recipient---Again!4:04 PM
I am a Liebster Award recipient---again! Woohoo!
This is the second time that I have been awarded this year. I am so honored, so humbled, so amazed.
I started this blog years ago but I only decided to get serious with it early this year and already, my effort has been fruitful. I have gained not only followers but friends as well in the blogosphere. That is for me more important than anything else a blog could bring; people I've made happy (somehow) and whom I'm able to connect with.
This time, I would like to thank one lovely blog I follow, Raising Samuels Homeschool for giving me this award.
To officially accept this award, I am following these 3 steps:
1. Link back and thank the person who nominated me.
2. Answer the 11 questions the person who nominated me asked.
3. Nominate 11 other bloggers for the award and ask them my own set of 11 questions.
Step 1: Thank the blogger who nominated and link back:
Thank you Kelly of Raising Samuels not just for nominating me, but for posting relevant and inspirational stories as well. I'm glad I came across your blog. You've been very helpful. Keep on blogging!
Step 2: 11 questions from Raising Samuels:
1. How long have you been blogging?
3 wonderful years.
2. Did blogging start out as a hobby for you and in what ways has it grown than what you expected?
I started blogging as a space for my brain farts. :)
Eventually, I ventured into online jobs and it has been a good portfolio for clients.
Through time, I have been receiving great responses even from strangers, and I had no idea how
they found my blog. After receiving a few emails from readers asking and encouraging me to
write some more and even believe it or not, asking me for some life advices I've realized that this
could be my calling, my mission. From then on I don't just write for my own entertainment, but
for those whom I know I could reach out to and bless through my simple sharing.
3. What advice would you give to a new blogger?
Keep on writing, keep on reading, keep on learning. Don't let one negative comment stop you
from pursuing your passion. Focus on your core audience as advised by one of my favorite
authors, Bo Sanchez.
4. How much time do you dedicate to writing or to your blog?
When I started to become serious with blogging I saw to it that I update my blog every day if
not every other day. Now I blog at least thrice a week and dedicate most of my time visiting
other blogs as I learn a lot from them.
5. What is your blog about?
Majority is about my faith and my life journey. Life has been pretty amazing when I surrendered
my life to God and when I started to embrace my status and I want to share that to many. I also
sometimes blog about my travels, reviews of books, movies, products, or places, re-posting
quotes/songs that speak to me. I've also dabbed into writing short stories (6-25 words). Mostly
brain farts really.
6. Where does the inspiration behind your writing come from?
My hope to let people know that they are not alone in what they are going through through the
stories I share.
7. What is your best post or the one you had the most fun writing?
Everything about being single, the ups and downs, the pros and cons.
8. What is the hardest thing about blogging to you?
Sometimes I have too many ideas I don't know where to start. Sometimes I want to write but
I have not one single idea what to write about.
9. Where do you see your blog in 3 years?
Hopefully I would be able to reach out to more readers, inspire more people and get to know
more wonderful friends through it.
10. What is the best social media outlet for your blog?
Google+ and Twitter.
11. What is one thing you would want your readers to know about you?
That I may not be as great a writer as J.K. Rowling is or as poetic and profound as
Maya Angelou, but always always always, I write from the heart.
Step 3: The 11 excellent bloggers I nominate are:
11 Questions the nominees must answer to accept the award:
1. What made you start blogging?
2. What is your blog goal for 2015?
3. If you are not blogging, what do you do most of the time?
4. What is your own definition of success?
5. Who do you look up to or want to emulate?
6. What was your dream when you were a kid and were you able to achieve it?
7. How do you deal with writer's block?
8. What book or movie changed your life or outlook on life?
9. What are you passionate about aside from writing?
10. Your favorite movie line.
11. What advice will you give your 13 year old self?
I now officially accept my second Liebster Award for 2014.
It has been a year full of surprises!
Thank you 2014 for being so generous to me!
Hey, did you find this post helpful or entertaining? Please go ahead and share.
Share buttons on the left and at the bottom of the article. Big thanks!
Subscribe to About Life And Love by Email