15 Real And Honest Moments I Wish I Was Not Single1:54 AM
"I never met a man I could marry.”
Here's a confession: there are moments I wish I was not single.
Sure most days I revel in my glorious single life. But there are moments when I wish I was so NOT single.
From really serious to downright trivial moments, sometimes I wish there's someone with me.
15 Real And Honest Moments I Wish I Was Not Single
1. When I have to carry my laundry bag to and from the laundry shop because it didn't reach the minimum kilo requirement to avail the free pick-up and delivery service. They're heavy! And I have a back problem.
2. When I'm really exhausted that even going to the spa to get a massage is tedious...but my body's aching I really want a massage and couldn't find a home service stat.
3. When I'm too lazy to run some errands. I wish I have a personal assistant.
4. When I buy too much that I need someone to carry my shopping bags.
5. When I went to the hardware and bought Venetian blinds for the first time. Clueless moment.
6. When I tried installing the Venetian blinds myself and everything, uhm...fell and disintegrated. I was so frustrated I almost cried. True story.
7. When I couldn't unscrew anything or loosen a tight cover. I have a strong and brave heart, but the skeletal muscle is another story.
8. When I'm sick, but have to get up and buy myself medicine and prepare me some nutritious meal so I can recover quick.
9. When I feel a little lousy because of PMS, and there's no one to reassure me I'm okay or at least someone I could unleash the hormonal monster inside with. Because like he has no choice but be a punching bag every month, but not hold a grudge against me because he knows it's just the hormones talking. Ladies of course knows what that means.
10. When my back really hurts but I need to go somewhere, and I don't want to leave the house without my essentials. Even when I try to remove a few things, the bag still feels heavy. Back problem is no petty thing.
11. When I have to travel alone and I feel paranoid and vulnerable.
12. When I want to watch a movie and all my friends are not available and I'm not in the mood to watch it alone.
13. When I need to share something too personal to share with friends or family. Or petty things even friends and family will find too trivial. I know a significant other wouldn't mind.
14. When I need some minor repair around the house that I am clueless with. Google has become a consistent boyfriend for the past few years. Only that he does the dictating while I do the doing. That is the exact opposite with a real life boyfriend.
15. When I'm being a scaredy-cat and it's too inconvenient or too late to call someone to sleep over or at least keep me company.
15 trivial yet valid and simple real life first hand experiences when I couldn't stop wishing I have someone at the moment. At those moments.
If married couples have their "I wish I was single" moments, singles have their "I wish I have someone with" moments too.
I am in a state where I can look you in the eye and tell you honestly and sincerely that I am absolutely genuinely happy being single. In fact, I'm getting too comfortable it's a little alarming.
Human as I am though, I still have moments when I wish to fill the emptiness in me.
Normal emotional single and hormonal moments though, not despairing desperate and suicidal ones. Thank God.
These moments make me realize a few things:
That PMS really sucks.
That the desire to have my own family and raise champion kids is still very much alive in me.
That I am still normal!
That I need people in my life.
That every human indeed has an emptiness in their hearts that no amount of earthly treasure can satisfy.
That the cliche, 'all we need is love' is true.
That I can't live without God.
You know what? That moment passes, and I'm okay again. Back to my normal happy single and comfortable life. Like nothing happened.
Christ indeed is enough for me.
Hey, did you find this post helpful or entertaining? Please go ahead and share.
Share buttons on the left and at the bottom of the article. Big thanks!
Subscribe to About Life And Love by Email