Lux Thinking Aloud
First Blogging Award: Liebster Award12:53 PM
First blogging award: Liebster Award
I got my first blogging award--- the Liebster Award.
According to Gigi The Snooper, the blogger who was kind enough to nominate and award me with Liebster Award:
Liebster comes from the German language, and it means "beloved". This award exists only on the internet, and is given to bloggers by other bloggers and it follows similar principles as a chain letter, in the sense that it should be passed forward to a certain number of people.
Before I proceed with the rules to officially receive Liebster Award, I'd like to express my gratitude.
Thank you for wasting a minute or two with me. For reading my thoughts, for allowing me to share my stories with you, and for being generous and respectful with the comments you leave. Thank you also to those who send me sweet messages thanking me for the encouragement they receive by just reading my posts.
Special thanks to those who trust me enough to share their stories with me and even ask for my advice. I'm also in the stage of figuring out life so knowing you trust me enough to ask for my opinion is an honor.
And to finally make it official, here are the things required to receive the Liebster Award:
1. Thank the person who nominated you, and post a link to their blog on your blog.My favorite online snooper Gigi The Snooper, thanks so much for considering me worthy of the Liebster award. I love snooping around your page. You post interesting facts I don't usually see on the web. I especially love the gory, creepy, crazy story of the countess who bathes in and drinks blood. Haha. Keep snooping around!
2. Display the award on your blog.
3. Answer 11 questions about yourself, which will be provided to you by the person who nominated you.Why did you start blogging? Has it turned out to be what you expected?
I started my blog for 2 reasons: (1) I think more and talk less. My thoughts are overflowing I have to write some down. (2) And I use it as a portfolio for online jobs.
It turned out to be more than I expected. When I started receiving emails and comments about how much people appreciate what I write, and how it affected them or made them feel better, I realized that blogging is not just for my entertainment and profit anymore. It became my purpose.
Now I write with the goal of informing, entertaining and inspiring others. Before I write, I consider those who will be reading; will it help them, enlighten them, make them feel good about themselves, or provoke their thoughts? Is this what God wants to tell them? I've got readers who are non believers and I also try to consider their views whenever I write.
What's one piece of advice you'd give your younger self?
Oh, I have a looot. I wrote them on 21 Things I Wish I Knew When I Was Younger and Unsolicited Advice To The Struggling 20-Something. If I must pick one, it's to believe in myself and ignore the critics.
If you could live one day over again, what day would it be?
I couldn't choose a day, but if I were to choose a phase, it would be when my brother was just a toddler. I especially miss those times when I have to bathe him myself, when we share stories over Koko Krunch, when he would ask me to read him bedtime stories, when he would sit on my lap and we would watch his favorite cartoons together.
What is the story behind your blog name?
I'm planning to change my blog name soon. I created it when I was at a rather vulnerable stage so it sounds cheesy. Now that I'm back to my normal happy self, I'm thinking of a better name, something more specific.
If you could only eat one type of food for the rest of your life, what would it be?
Fruits! I love Philippine mango so much I can eat it everyday.
What’s your greatest fear?
I fear for the safety of my loved ones.
When was the last time you had a good belly laugh?
Just a while ago. ;)
What’s your favorite quote?
All things work together for good to them who love the Lord.---Romans 8:28
What has been your biggest challenge?
Taking the high road and being the better person. Some people are born to test your patience.
If you were going to live on a deserted island, what three things could you not live without?
Things: Clean water, books, comforter.
If you could learn to do anything, what would it be?
To forgive quickly like Jesus.
4. Provide 11 random facts about yourself.
- I'm an introvert.
- I believe I'm Italian in my past life judging by my liking for Italian food especially pizza and pasta.
- I'm a frustrated globe trotter.
- I tsunduko like all other bibliophiles.
- More than just a fan, I love Zac Efron.
- I'm a Potterhead and forever will be.
- I love organic products.
- I want to try scuba diving but I'm scared of the open water.
- I'm a perpetual dreamer.
- I'm a sucker for chick flicks.
- Pet peeves: People who can dish it out but can't take it.
5. Nominate 5 blogs that you feel deserve the award, who have less than 1000 followers:The Beautiful Eagle
Welcome To My Life
Life Out Loud
6. Create a new list of questions for the blogger to answer.What drives you?
What's your mantra?
What is your belief or principle?
What do you value the most in your life?
Which TV series are/were you addicted with?
The song that sums up your life.
What's your greatest regret?
Your favorite movie of all time.
Your best childhood memory.
Your dream vacation destination.
If you can change one thing in the world, what will it be?
7. Rules to follow to officially accept the Liebster Award.
- Thank the person who nominated you, and post a link to their blog on your blog.
- Display the award on your blog — by including it in your post and/or displaying it using a “widget” or a “gadget”.
- Answer 11 questions about yourself, which will be provided to you by the person who nominated you.
- Provide 11 random facts about yourself.
- Nominate 5 – 11 blogs that you feel deserve the award, who have a less than 1000 followers. (Note that you can always ask the blog owner this since not all blogs display a widget that lets the readers know this information!)
- Create a new list of questions for the blogger to answer.
There you go. Now, I'm a Liebster Award recipient.
2014 has been an enjoyable year, full of surpirses. This is one of them.
My heart is bursting with gratitude.
Liebster Award Recipient---Again!
Hey, did you find this post helpful or entertaining? Please go ahead and share.
Share buttons on the left and at the bottom of the article. Big thanks!