Life's Simple Joys11:32 PM
Forget about gadgets and gizmos. Forget about spending lots of moolah for an expensive vacation. You don't have to look far or spend much to experience joy in life. You just have to be creative, be appreciative, and have a grateful heart.
Life's Simple Joys
1. Feeling the cool breeze in the morning.
2. Staring at the moon, and basking in the moon light.
4. A sweet message from a friend.
5. Long bus rides. (Make the most out of traffic. Listen to an audio book or your favorite artist, make plans, contemplate, pray for the random people you see, be thankful for your gift of sight, and for this moment when you can take it slow).
6. Sound of the raindrops on your roof.
7. Opening a present.
8. An unexpected call from someone you haven't talked to for a long time.
9. Seeing someone use the gift you've given them.
10. Walking by the beach.
11. Dancing in the rain.
12. Waking up from a blissful sleep.
13. Receiving a good news.
14. Playing with dogs (or your pet of choice).
15. Scratching an itch (according to a Chinese Proverb).
17. Rainbow. Double rainbow.
18. Watching your favorite Feel-Good Movies movie for the nth time.
19. A relaxing massage. There are spas that offer good service without overcharging. And there are friends who are willing to give you a back rub for free.
20. Receiving a bonus or commission.
21. If you're a student, the sound of the bell announcing breaks or dismissal.
22. Reading a good book, especially on a rainy day.
23. That wonderful ache you feel after a work out.
26. Losing track of time inside a bookstore or a library.
27. Talking with your childhood friends about your past adventures.
28. Sipping your favorite drink.
29. Sleeping in on a rainy day.
Contentment is the key.Have a joyful life!
What gives you joy?