Lux Thinking Aloud
Inside My Time Capsule8:26 AM
Day 16: If you planted a time capsule right now of your life to be opened in 20 years, what would be in it?
Twenty years from now I would like to look back in my life that has been with a smile on my face and warmth in my heart.
If I were to plant a time capsule right now, these are the things that I'll include so when I open it 20 years from now, that's exactly what I'll do---smile, maybe shed tears of joy with a heart full of gratefulness.
Inside My Time Capsule
1. Pictures of the people in my life, places I've been and things I like.
2. My favorite books. I have a long list and if the space inside my time capsule is limited, then I'll just choose a few that has really impacted my life; inspired me, entertained me, spoke to me, I stayed up late reading, I dreamed about and made me laugh or cry.
a.) Cliche as it may sound, I'd put my Bible in. It's a gift from my priest friend (when he was still a seminarian). Every lesson you need in life is there. It is our Basic Instructions Before Leaving Earth.
b.) Simplify and Live Abundance by Bo Sanchez. It taught me how to live simply (live within or under my means), stay contented but strive for a better life and become rich without robbing your soul.
c.) To Kill A Mockingbird by Harper Lee
d.) Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban. Among the 7 books, this is my favorite.
e.) The Single Woman by Mandy Hale. It taught me to appreciate, affirm, celebrate my single life and be as happy as I should be regardless of my status.
f.) Where We Belong by Emily Griffin
g.) Master Of The Game by Sidney Sheldon
3. My brother's stuffed bear who we consider as family. Every time I go home I borrow it from him and we sleep with Bearbear on our bed.
4. My journal with all my dreams, struggles and even everyday mundane whereabouts recorded.
5. My laptop (let's assume that it will still work after 20 years). This is like cheating though since most of the things valuable to me are kept in my files here. My "unpublished" blogs, pictures, favorite songs, movies, T.V. shows and important files are stored here.
I can only be excited as to what my life will turn out 20 years from now. So I'm cherishing the things that are in the present and even feel the pain if it's there. I am preparing for the worst but definitely expecting only the best.
Hey, did you find this post helpful or entertaining? Please go ahead and share.
Share buttons on the left and at the bottom of the article. Big thanks!
Subscribe to About Life And Love by Email